Operational Excellence Webinar Series – Leading in Tough Times ; The Role of Systems Thinking
The Operational Excellence Society is proudly hosting its latest online business educational initiative, coined The Operational Excellence Webinar Series. This webinar’s thought leader is Benjamin P. Taylor, Managing Partner at RedQuadrant.
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM (EDT)
When tough times hit, it is crucial that people collaborate. In a time of political uncertainty and potential crisis, all the usual management and leadership skills are required – more than ever. When faced with these turbulent challenges, we have to make a decision. You can go through challenges positively, making the tough decisions and seeing them through in a way that is respected – or you can run from the challenges, fail to engage positively and lose engagement of your team.
Some things are especially critical to create the safety for people to be able to perform at their best when it is needed most. Your role in strengthening the way people work together at all levels is therefore more important than ever.
This webinar will enable you to tackle these challenges by addressing these key questions:
- How do you keep a positive focus on purpose, co-operation?
- How can you provide the leadership to keep things together and maintain a high performing organisation?
- How can you achieve mutually beneficial solutions and pro-activity in the workplace?
Our holistic five worlds approach is used to confront these questions giving you an overview and practical approach to a wide range of tools and approaches that can be applied in all aspects of an organisation. By the end of the webinar you will be able to:
- Gain insight into own ‘default’ behaviours and how these affect their relationships with others
- See how ineffective management practices that stray from the core values can impact on the achievement of outcomes
- Learn how to intentionally shape culture through planned management actions – and through predicting team responses at an emotional level
- Identify key actions they can take to minimise risks impacts and optimise outputs at all levels during turbulence
- Maintain personal resilience to ensure managers stay sharp, focused and lead others confidently and competently
- Understand the neuroscience of management and how to work ‘with the grain’ of human nature
In addressing the above, you will be able to use challenges to establish a more positive and productive culture. This webinar will link into the values and behaviours of entrepreneurial spirit, communication effectiveness and teamwork making it useful for executives and leaders throughout the hierarchy of an organisation to attend.